Case Study Writing Structure:
A case study is a standards assignment at college and university and it is supposed to develop student’s critical thinking skills, abilities to analyse facts properly and solve the weirdest problems related with their major discipline. Generally students are supposed to know everything about the way of its writing. However, many students are not sure how to organize their papers and the professional case study writing guidelines below will inform every student about the most appropriate approach to its writing.
- To begin with, the student is expected to prepare a good outline to the case study, because the success of the paper depends directly on the ability of the student to organize the process of writing well. The outline should include the most essential parts of the case study, the essential sub topics and important questions which are expected to be answered to. One should try to complete the most detailed plan if does not want to miss any important fact.
- Then, in order to fascinate the reader and draw his attention from the very beginning, the student should prepare a catchy title, which is supposed to be nor short nor long, but briefly capture the reader’s mind and inform his about the topic which will be researched.
- In the introductory part the student is required to inform the professor about the problem of the case study, the purpose of the research, the relevance of the problem and the brief plan of actions applied for the process of investigation.
- In the main part one should touch upon the problem directly, work out vast amounts of sources (including case study examples) in order to collect many facts and analyze the data scrupulously. The more evidence the student finds, the more chances he has to analyze the case well and solve it professionally. The student is supposed to define the cause of the problem using various methods (interviewing, observation, statistics, etc.). After that one should evaluate the effect of the problem on the case and define the consequences of the problem on the person, a company, a phenomenon, etc. The student should connect the case with the theory of the discipline and apply his knowledge on the subject on the solution of the case.
- When the main part is ready the student can summarize the paper and evaluate the achieved results professionally. One can share the difficulties of the investigation, the value of the results for the discipline and for self-development. Then, one can say whether the achieved results meet the expectations set before writing and demonstrate the most useful methods applied for the research (it is important, because the professor will pay special attention to the methodology part).
Do you need professional help with writing a case study structure? Read more here!