case study is a specific assignment, which is aimed at the analysis of a real-life person, situation, organization or phenomenon. Naturally, this paper is very specific; therefore, you ought to organize your thoughts in the proper order. You should analyze your topic logically in order to construct a high-quality and detailed case study. Doubtless, a good outline will help you prepare a logical and informative case study, because it prevents you from forgetting about any important elements and subcategories. You are able to write an outline for a case study if you take advantage of these simple writing guidelines.
- 1. Introduce the Topic and the Problem. The title of the topic and its problem are very important for the creation of a broad and detailed outline. You ought to write the title above your outline in order to remember about it all the time. Many students make a mistake when they forget about the main problem of their case study. They begin writing about the odd and unnecessary issues making their paper more complex and meaningless. Therefore, write down the title in order to remember about your major duty. In addition, you can write a thesis statement, which reflects the main point of the case study and attracts the reader’s attention. Bear in mind that your thesis statement should contain or at least lead to the solution of the problem under analysis.
- 2. Explain Your Personal Research Approach. When you write a case study, you utilize the definite method for the successful research. It is reasonable to explain the method in detail in order to make it understandable to the reader. Obviously, you can divide your research process into several sections describing every part precisely. You are able to apply several methods simultaneously. In this case, your outline will broader.
- 3. Mind the Structure of the Outline. You are able to divide the entire case study into several sections. You will have at least five major chapters: introduction, the main body with the cause of the problem, the main body with the effect of the problem, its solution and conclusion. Of course, you can develop the main body of your case study adding subsections to the main chapters of your paper. In this case, you will build the outline, which consists of several layers. Sometimes, students manage to create three and more layers, which help them analyze their topics scrupulously.
- 4. Write the Main Findings. In this section, you enumerate the key findings of your case study. To begin with, write a few sentences about the background of the problem. In simple words, describe its cause. If there are several causes – divide this part into several subsections. Next, organize the effects of this problem in the similar way. Finally, pay attention to the proposed solutions of the problem. Firstly, write about the real solution of the problem. Secondly, brainstorm your own solution, which can solve the case in the best way. If you can several suggestions, you ought to present them in different subsections.
- 5. Summarize the Case. When you are through with the major sections of your case study, you can write a conclusion. You can summarize your findings and share your general impressions about the case. Evaluate the usefulness of your solutions in a few words. Then, you can improve your outline with the additional sections, like bibliography and appendices. When you have such things as tables and graphs, you should insert them into your appendices section.
Additionally you can get a custom case study with awesome outline which will be written by top-rated academic experts from scratch!